Friday, May 23, 2014

Newborn Rose Crochet Hat

Hello friend!
Just recently I found out that my cousin and his wife are having a baby girl! I was so excited and began searching for a cute baby pattern to make as a gift. They are both on the more rustic and nature-loving side, so I wanted to find a project that wouldn’t be too overly girly but still cute. It is usually difficult for me to find patterns that are free (my college budget won’t allow me to buy all of the patterns I want) cute, and useful for what I want to make. I ended up using two different patterns (both were free!) and the result was this adorable little hat!



The Yarn 
The first type of yarn I used is the Lion Brand Hometown USA Super Bulky (6) in Little Rock Granite.


The second type of yarn I used I had actually taken from my mom’s stash. I am not sure what kind of yarn it is, but it it is probably one of the coolest types of yarn I have used so far. It is very thin, but has a bubbly and twin-like appearance that made it perfect for the rose on this little hat.

The Patterns
The free pattern for this quick and simple Basic Chunky Newborn Beanie by Oodles4Noodles can be found here. 
I used the medium pattern for the rose which can be found  here. After crocheting the rose I discretely sewed down the base of the petals in order to make the flower lay flatter on the hat.
The Final Product






No comments:

Post a Comment